Restarting ElasticSearch with dynamic templates in config file, how does it work?

Restarting ElasticSearch with dynamic templates in config file, how does it work?

q42jaap
We're running into issues when we restart ElasticSearch.
We're using a default-mapping.json file with dynamic_templates.

The first time the server is restarted, we see that the
dynamic_templates are "doubled", the second time we restart the server
we see the templated trippeled etc.

How do we prevent this when we're using a default-mapping.json file?