Scaling problem

Shohedul Hasan
Hi,
I have installed ES in one server. I want to create 3-4 servers for my ES cluster.  But when i send request in which server i should send from my java code and how? I have read once, putting one user's data in one primary shard helps to improve performance. I have also read that using Nginx as load balancer also improve performance. Now my question is, how can i put these two things together?  Also how one ES server knows about other ES servers ? Finally can you give me some useful links by which i can try to scale ES in multiple server.

Re: Scaling problem

Jason Wee
If you are using java transport client in elasticsearch, you just add one of the elasticsearch node with setting sniff to on. The the transport client should have all the information it needed. When the transport client index, iirc, it is in round robin fashion. The es cluster node is intelligent enough to replicate the write to the other es nodes.

hth

jason

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 2:12 PM, Shohedul Hasan <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
I have installed ES in one server. I want to create 3-4 servers for my ES cluster.  But when i send request in which server i should send from my java code and how? I have read once, putting one user's data in one primary shard helps to improve performance. I have also read that using Nginx as load balancer also improve performance. Now my question is, how can i put these two things together?  Also how one ES server knows about other ES servers ? Finally can you give me some useful links by which i can try to scale ES in multiple server.

Re: Scaling problem

Jason Wee
read these links, it should answer your question.

http://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/client/java-api/1.x/client.html#transport-client

jason