Search Error When Using GET

Walendo
Hi,

I'm trying to search one field (code) of all the cities once, using a
GET method with the bellow query String:

http://localhost:9200/ig/city/_search?q=code%20%3A%20%5B0%20TO%2010000%5D&size=10000

[http://localhost:9200/ig/city/_search?q=code:[0 TO 10000]&size=10000]

Then I got this error:

{"_shards":{"total":5,"successful":0,"failed":5,"failures":
[{"reason":"NullPointerException[null]"},
{"reason":"NullPointerException[null]"},{"reason":"Unknown"},
{"reason":"Unknown"},{"reason":"Unknown"}]},"hits":{"total":0,"hits":
[]}}

When I ommit the size param, the query works, but it only returns 10
objects.

When I use the Post method with the body bellow it works:

{
        "from" : 0, "size" : 10000, "fields" : "codigo",
        "query" : {
                "matchAll" : { }

How can I do the same thing using the GET method?

Thanks.

Re: Search Error When Using GET

Clinton Gormley
Hi Jorge

> I'm trying to search one field (code) of all the cities once, using a
> GET method with the bellow query String:
>
> http://localhost:9200/ig/city/_search?q=code%20%3A%20%5B0%20TO%2010000%5D&size=10000
>
> [http://localhost:9200/ig/city/_search?q=code:[0 TO 10000]&size=10000]

When I try this locally, it works for me (or at least, given that I
don't have your data, I get no errors).

What version are you using? I'd suggest downloading the latest from
github.

clint
--
Web Announcements Limited is a company registered in England and Wales,
with company number 05608868, with registered address at 10 Arvon Road,
London, N5 1PR.

Re: Search Error When Using GET

Walendo
I downloaded the latest version from github and the GET request worked
now, however the POST version doesn't work anymore (something like
matchAll).

Thanks for your help.

On Thu, 2010-04-08 at 07:11 -0700, Walendo wrote:
> I downloaded the latest version from github and the GET request worked
> now, however the POST version doesn't work anymore (something like
> matchAll).

Yes - there has been a Big Rename: camelCase is
now_with_underscores_instead.

So "matchAll" has been renamed as "match_all"

clint