Server Weighting and Field Collapsing

ppearcy
Hello,
  I've been very impressed with what I've seen so far with ES and was
curious if a couple of features were available or planned.

1) Ability to weight servers in the cluster to receive different
loads. Our newer h/w always seems to be 2x faster than older h/w and
we'd like it to receive that load when placed into the cluster.

2) Ability to collapse on a field. For example, I want the most
relevant result from all different report types. Or similarly, the
most recent result of each report type. So, the sort order would
dictate which one from the group is returned. Similar to what is
discussed here:
http://blog.jteam.nl/2009/10/20/result-grouping-field-collapsing-with-solr/

From my understanding, it seems that in order for field collapsing to
be efficient, the result set must be relatively small.

Thanks,
Paul

Paul

Re: Server Weighting and Field Collapsing

ppearcy
Great, thanks!

http://github.com/elasticsearch/elasticsearch/issues/issue/256
http://github.com/elasticsearch/elasticsearch/issues/issue/255

I'd be happy to provide any input you'd like.