Simple PHP curl script to help you learn ES

Simple PHP curl script to help you learn ES

stratawing
If your lang is PHP, and you're just getting started with ES and want
to test some of its features using the CURLs that are shown on the
website (typically in json), here's a *VERY* simple PHP curl script to
help you get started.

https://gist.github.com/1973574

Note that there are some pretty slick PHP clients out there (see
http://www.elasticsearch.org/guide/appendix/clients.html) that I
highly recommend, but this short script may reduce your learning curve
a bit if you're just doing some initial exploration.

If the experts in the ES group have any suggestions on this script,
feel free to pass them along.

Cheers!

Re: Simple PHP curl script to help you learn ES

stratawing
Whoops -- something happened to my gist....  Try this one:

https://gist.github.com/1973719

Re: Simple PHP curl script to help you learn ES

Thanks for sharing!

On Sunday, March 4, 2012 at 6:18 PM, stratawing wrote:

Whoops -- something happened to my gist.... Try this one:

Re: Simple PHP curl script to help you learn ES

oliverusselldev
If you are looking for a tutorial on how you can install Elasticsearch on your PHP sites, then here is a good one: http://www.cloudways.com/blog/configure-elasticsearch-php-sites/