Single digit numeric search not working

narinder.izap

 Hi there,
               I am searching on the zip field. and by default it is not analyzed. But while searching when I am entering first digit, request is passed to the server, but it gives no response. But as I enter the second the digit, it gives the response. I am using "keyword" analyzer at the search time.but even then, the same output. Can anyone please explain me, whats wrong with it, and how to solve this problem??

Re: Single digit numeric search not working

Kartavya
May I know the complete mapping for your index?

Regards,
Pulkit Agrawal

On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 3:53 PM, Narinder Kaur <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  Hi there,
>                I am searching on the zip field. and by default it is not
> analyzed. But while searching when I am entering first digit, request is
> passed to the server, but it gives no response. But as I enter the second
> the digit, it gives the response. I am using "keyword" analyzer at the
> search time.but even then, the same output. Can anyone please explain me,
> whats wrong with it, and how to solve this problem??

Re: Single digit numeric search not working

Karussell
so you get no response for 1 or 2 characters? You can append a
wildcard (*) but for faster execution you should use the (edge) n gram
tokenizer.

Peter.

its working on default mapping

Re: Single digit numeric search not working

narinder.izap
it is working for characters. but the problem is with the numeric values only, that too with the single digit, it start searching with two digits.

Re: Single digit numeric search not working

Is this a numeric field or a string / char based field? if you don't know what type you indexed it as, you can use the get mapping API to see what it ended up being.

What are you after exactly though, the question is quite vague. You want to do a prefix query on it?