Snapshot API Question

davrob
Hi,

I've been having a look at the Snapshot API in Beta2.

Previously I've always relied on a database to be the primary source of my indexed data, I'm wondering if now is the time to consider going pure elasticsearch.

So, from the docs, it appears that snapshots are incremental, and can be done every 5 minutes or so, if needed.

However, is there a recommended procedure for restoring data that has not made it into the latest snapshot, perhaps by playing back the transaction log(s)?

-David.