Source distribution

   I have just pushed a change to the build so the source files will be within the actual distribution jar (elasticsearch-XXX.jar). It does mean that jar is a bit bigger, but I think its helpful for java developers out there. Once attaching it as source, you get javadoc and source in IDEAs. What do you think?

-shay.banon

p.s.

   I am working on the maven thingy, hope to resolve this soon. Probably it will not be on central though...

Re: Source distribution

Paolo Castagna
Good news. Thanks.

For Maven, it might be better to have separate artifacts for byte code,
sources and javadocs.

Paolo

Shay Banon wrote:
> Don't think I am going to do that for maven... . The jar file itself
> will also hold the code, source (and javadoc).

This will probably cause problems to people wanting to use plugins
such as:

  - http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-eclipse-plugin/
  - http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-idea-plugin/

And everybody else who rely on the "conventions" in place:

   "If you browse the Maven central repository, you will notice
    that the classifiers sources and javadoc are used to deploy
    the project source code and API docs along with the packaged
    class files."
    -- http://maven.apache.org/pom.html#POM_Relationships

Paolo