Spring Elasticsearch vs Spring Data Elasticsearch:

Spring Elasticsearch vs Spring Data Elasticsearch:

Jinyuan Zhou
Hi,
I'm planning to use java native client to mainly to bulk index a lot of data.  I see there are two project listed on the elasticsearch guide's integration page. one is a sub project of spring data at https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-data-elasticsearch. One is a third party project at https://github.com/dadoonet/spring-elasticsearch. Could  someone shed some lights on  pro and cons of choosing either of them?
Thanks,
Jack

Re: Spring Elasticsearch vs Spring Data Elasticsearch:

dadoonet
As the second project author, I can say what it provides:

Automatic index/mapping/templates/aliases création when starting (as Hibernate does somehow).
Access to a client (Transport/Node) - by annotation like @Inject Client client.
Access to a Node

You can look at tests packages to see how it actually works.

What spring data project provides IMHO is an automatic query creation based on Interface naming conventions.

My plan is to try to merge my project into spring data project if it makes sense for users but sadly I did not manage to find time for doing this yet!

Would love to get feedback from other users! :)

HTH
--
David ;-)

Le 2 sept. 2014 à 21:44, Jinyuan Zhou <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Hi,
I'm planning to use java native client to mainly to bulk index a lot of data.  I see there are two project listed on the elasticsearch guide's integration page. one is a sub project of spring data at https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-data-elasticsearch. One is a third party project at https://github.com/dadoonet/spring-elasticsearch. Could  someone shed some lights on  pro and cons of choosing either of them?
Thanks,
Jack

Re: Spring Elasticsearch vs Spring Data Elasticsearch:

Jinyuan Zhou
Thanks David,
I'll play with Spring Elasticsearch project first. I have used other Spring Data projects, it seems that I don't need all these feature for now,

Jinyuan (Jack) Zhou