Statistical Date Histogram Facet?

Eric Jain
The date histogram facet is very useful, but does not collect variances or standard deviations, only averages.

Seems simple enough to add (see e.g. the statistical facet, though should probably use http://www.johndcook.com/standard_deviation.html instead); I'm just not sure if the best approach is to create yet another facet plugin, or add this to the existing facet and create a pull request?

Re: Statistical Date Histogram Facet?

Alexander Reelsen-2
Hey,

if you need this is as a facet, it makes sense to write your own plugin. But maybe this is already supported by aggregations, coming in 1.0 (and already included in the current 1.0 beta release). Might make sense to take a look there first, before starting to write your facet code. SeeĀ http://www.elasticsearch.org/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/master/search-aggregations.html

--Alex

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 12:28 AM, Alexander Reelsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> http://www.elasticsearch.org/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/master/search-aggregations.html

Thanks for the pointer; looks like I should hold off creating new
facets until the aggregation stuff is finalized.

Re: Statistical Date Histogram Facet?

vaidik

But you can try it in the new beta if you like. To my knowledge, the feature is not complete yet and must be going through bug fixing but it will give you a fare idea about how useful will this be for your use-case.