Synonyms file in a cluster

Chris Greening
Hi All,

I just wanted to check my understanding of how synonyms work with indexes in a cluster.

Am I right in thinking that each cluster will need the same synonyms file?

Will it matter if when a cluster is being updated the synonyms files are out of sync (e.g. if you are updating each machine in turn, a new machine will be added to the cluster with a new synonyms file that is not the same as the other machines).

Or is the synonyms file stored with the index and not referenced again?

Thanks
Chris.

Re: Synonyms file in a cluster

q42jaap
Is there a feature where you can specify synonyms using the rest API?
Because that might be scoped to index-creation or something.
Jaap Taal

[ Q42 BV | tel 070 44523 42 | direct 070 44523 65 | http://q42.nl |
Waldorpstraat 17F, Den Haag | Vijzelstraat 72 unit 4.23, Amsterdam |
KvK 30164662 ]