Time range filter

Tom Miller
All of the examples I can find on the web relate to date-range filtering. What I need is a time-range filter: i,e
19:00 - 23:30.

So, in this example, I want all hits between 7PM and 11:30, regardless of the day...

I'd do this in SQL by doing "Where TIME(column) BETWEEN x and y".

Is this possible in elasticsearch?

My only solution thus far is to date_histogram by hour, and then filter on the client and add them up, which is kinda lame...

Re: Time range filter

vineeth mohan-2
Hello Tom ,

At this point , i can think of 2 approaches -

  1. Store an additioanl field with just the time and not the date information. Do a normal range query here.
  2. Create script filters - In the filter , take the time out and check the range.    http://www.elasticsearch.org/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/query-dsl-script-filter.html

But then this is a common use case and some elegant way to do it should exist.
If not , I will create a bug.

Thanks
            Vineeth

On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 7:19 AM, Tom Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:
All of the examples I can find on the web relate to date-range filtering. What I need is a time-range filter: i,e
19:00 - 23:30.

So, in this example, I want all hits between 7PM and 11:30, regardless of the day...

I'd do this in SQL by doing "Where TIME(column) BETWEEN x and y".

Is this possible in elasticsearch?

My only solution thus far is to date_histogram by hour, and then filter on the client and add them up, which is kinda lame...

Re: Time range filter

Tom Miller
Thanks guys - I've created a ticket in github. I'll store the time separately for now as Vineeth suggested.

Thanks again.

Tom.

On 8 July 2014 19:54, Shay Banon <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Managing Director

eBiz

Centurion House, London Road, Staines, TW18 4AX

Tel: 08448 045046

email: [hidden email]uk[hidden email] | web: ebiz.uk | www.facebook.com/eBizUK | www.twitter.com/eBizUK

Information contained in this communication may be confidential and/or legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient any disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken in reliance on its contents is prohibited and may be unlawful. Neither eBiz | interactive business solutions nor the author accepts legal liability for the contents of this message. If you receive this communication in error please advise us at [hidden email]

Whilst we run anti-virus software we are not liable for any loss/damage sustained as a result of software viruses. The recipients are advised to run their own anti-virus software

Re: Time range filter

vineeth mohan-2
Hello Tom ,

Please paste the link to the issue.
I am seeing more of such request in the forum.

Thanks
          Vineeth