Total hits shows 1 and hits array is 0 length

Total hits shows 1 and hits array is 0 length

Samuel Doyle
I just did a test where I encountered this. I was asserting on the hit count which was 1 but there this is no results in the hits.
Any ideas why this is happening?

Re: Total hits shows 1 and hits array is 0 length

Lukáš Vlček
Any chance you can share the test?

Lukas

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 10:26 PM, Samuel Doyle <[hidden email]> wrote:
I just did a test where I encountered this. I was asserting on the hit count which was 1 but there this is no results in the hits.
Any ideas why this is happening?

Re: Total hits shows 1 and hits array is 0 length

Clinton Gormley
On Tue, 2010-06-29 at 13:26 -0700, Samuel Doyle wrote:
> I just did a test where I encountered this. I was asserting on the hit
> count which was 1 but there this is no results in the hits.
> Any ideas why this is happening?

Do you see this consistently? What version are you using? and how many
nodes?

I've seen similar issues, but I can't reproduce them. They just happen
every now and again. I'm running 0.8 with two nodes.

I very occasionally see the wrong results being returned in a search,
like ES has sent a request out to its nodes, then recombined the

http://github.com/elasticsearch/elasticsearch/issues#issue/198

clint

--
Web Announcements Limited is a company registered in England and Wales,
with company number 05608868, with registered address at 10 Arvon Road,
London, N5 1PR.

Re: Total hits shows 1 and hits array is 0 length

Samuel Doyle
I was seeing this off a master build and it would only happen when connecting to a running instance if I ran local for integration testing it was fine. I was only running one node when I was encountering it.

As it turns out though I did an update, clean build and deploy and was not able to reproduce since and yes I was consistently seeing it happen. Perhaps a lib was out of sync. or something but I am happy I haven't encountered it again.