Transport Client VS REST Client

paul
Hi ,

I have started using elastic search , i have very basic question .
After Installing and running elastic search the server can be accessed in two ways.

REST client i.e. using curl which listens at 9200
Transport Client or Node Client that listens at 9300.

1) why do we need two different ways of accessing the same server?
2) we can index, search , delete etc etc using REST client why do we need a transport client?
3) what is the advantage of transport client over rest client ? which scenario we should use these clients?

Regards
Paul

Re: Transport Client VS REST Client

Runar Myklebust-2
The transport client handles communication between nodes. The rest-client is for http-api.

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 7:29 AM, paul <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi ,

I have started using elastic search , i have very basic question .
After Installing and running elastic search the server can be accessed in two ways.

REST client i.e. using curl which listens at 9200
Transport Client or Node Client that listens at 9300.

1) why do we need two different ways of accessing the same server?
2) we can index, search , delete etc etc using REST client why do we need a transport client?
3) what is the advantage of transport client over rest client ? which scenario we should use these clients?

Regards
Paul

Runar Myklebust
Enonic AS