Unable to query ES conditions from browser

Unable to query ES conditions from browser

Ankur Wahi
Hi,
I have an Elasticsearch node setup. When I query the index via curl command I get the expected output.

 curl -XPOST 'http://localhost:9200/one/employee/_search?pretty=true' -d '{
"query": {
"term": {
"emp_id":"4318W01149"
}'

but when I run similar query via browser I get the error

http://localhost:9200/one/employee/?q=emp_id:4318W01149

   "error":"ElasticsearchIllegalArgumentException[No feature for name [employee]]","status":400

I'm on ES version 1.5.2

The query below works fine
http://localhost:9200/one/employee/_search

Thanks
Ankur

---

Re: Unable to query ES conditions from browser

vineeth mohan-2
Hello ,

I think that is cause you missed the _search in the second query.

http://localhost:9200/one/employee/_search?q=emp_id:4318W01149

The above might work.

Thanks
           Vineeth Mohan,