Unexpected (and failed) attempts to add field analyzer mappings

Unexpected (and failed) attempts to add field analyzer mappings

John Chang
We add field mappings to our document types upon new index creation and it works well.

However, we see odd attempts to re-add the analyzer mappings at the startup time of our services that instantiate no-data elastic search nodes.  There is nothing in our startup sequence that send off these mappings that we can see.  It just looks like it is re-adding the mappings (or at least some of them), and it fails.  For example from our logs at startup time:

19:55:53,388 WARN  [elasticsearch[Scrambler]clusterService#updateTask-pool-7-thread-1] [indices.cluster] - [Scrambler] [index0] failed to add mapping [mail], source [org.elasticsearch.common.compress.CompressedString@bb75f1ce]
org.elasticsearch.index.mapper.MapperParsingException: Analyzer [kihaSnowball] not found for field [to]

We've started seeing this after startup time as well.

Again, all is working fine, and when we check the mappings, they are happy.  We just see these concerning errors in the logs.