Versioning the Index Mapping

Sagar Shah
Hello everyone,
Is there a way to create a mapping in elastic search (version 1.4.2) with a version number. So that next time, we can verify if mapping needs to be updated using PUT request in elastic search or not based on version number?

For example,
I create a mapping A within an index and version it A.x. During next release, I perform a check to determine the version of existing index mapping and accordingly perform an update using PUT API of index mapping.

Please suggest.

Regards,
Sagar Shah

---

Re: Versioning the Index Mapping

Allan Mitchell
Hi

Isn't this a job for source control?  In there you should have a releases branch and the latest release should contain your mapping file. I don't think using ES as a poor man's source control system is a good idea.  If ES dies and you need to do a complete rebuild then you will need to get the scripts from somewhere and source control is that place.

Allan Mitchell

On 18 May 2015, at 22:32, Sagar Shah <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello everyone,
Is there a way to create a mapping in elastic search (version 1.4.2) with a version number. So that next time, we can verify if mapping needs to be updated using PUT request in elastic search or not based on version number?

For example,
I create a mapping A within an index and version it A.x. During next release, I perform a check to determine the version of existing index mapping and accordingly perform an update using PUT API of index mapping.

Please suggest.

Regards,
Sagar Shah

---

---

Re: Versioning the Index Mapping

mariam diawara
Hi,
sorry my english is very bad
I have a problem,
I made a dashboard with Kibana 4 with data from two tables, but when I click on a particular visualization from a table, Kibana not display the exact number of data to another visualization done with data in another table
cordially,