What about the 'distributed features' compared to Cassandra

What about the 'distributed features' compared to Cassandra

kenbs
Recently I was planning to realize a full text searching system with Cassandra as its backend storage. What made me interested was the distributed features of Cassandra: decentralized, auto-partition, auto-recovery after failure, fault tolerant and the scalability with ease.

So I am wondering if ElasticSearch has the same/parts of these 'distributed features'? or will these be added in the future?