What is a reasonable number of evictions for filter_cache and fielddata?

What is a reasonable number of evictions for filter_cache and fielddata?

Gavin Seng

Hi,

* Wanted to share our cache evictions/size for filter_cache and fielddata and see what others are getting just for sanity checks.
* The above is for one of our hot nodes.
  * Machine:128GB JVM:96GB
  * indices.fielddata.cache.size: 31GB
  * indices.cache.filter.size: 8GB
  * indices.fielddata.cache.expire: not set because of http://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/guide/current/_limiting_memory_usage.html#f│
* Our data is logs and most queries are of type now-x {min,hour,days}.
* Most of these come off kibana 3 which uses specific unix timestamps in the filter so we can't really do this http://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/guide/current/_filter_order.html w/o patching it.
* We index about 20GB/hr peak and about 4GB/hr non-peak.

Thanks in advance for sharing your numbers.

Gavin