Wild card query with case insensitive search

Wild card query with case insensitive search

Sagar Shah
Hello everyone,
We are trying to replace application log storage from postgres db with elastic search.
We had two features in postgres that should not get affected.
1. Perform case insensitive search
2. Perform wild card search

In elastic search, we are using lowercase filter with keyword anlayzer to meet point# 1.
For performing wild card search, we are using wildQuery (ES Java API).

Everything looks file as long as I am searching for single word like 'sagar', but searches fail to return any results when I use multiple words in my search criteria like 'sagar shah'. That's probably because of keyword analyzer, which breaks it into multiple words.

Is there a way to perform search a wild card type search in case-insensitive format.

Please advise.
Appreciate your inputs.

Regards,
Sagar Shah

---

Re: Wild card query with case insensitive search

dadoonet
Don't use wildcard query unless you want it to be "slow".
Prefer using ngrams based analyzers (will cost you more disk space).

HTH

David