Wildcard in an exact phrase query_string search with escaped quotes

Wildcard in an exact phrase query_string search with escaped quotes

Eric
Updating a post from 2012.

I have a requirement to allow a wildcard within an exact phrase query_string.

POST _search
{
"query": {
 "query_string": {
   "query": "\"coors brew*\"",
   "analyze_wildcard": true

I get the following zero results set.

{
   "took": 94,
   "timed_out": false,
   "_shards": {
      "total": 5,
      "successful": 5,
      "failed": 0
   },
   "hits": {
      "total": 0,
      "max_score": null,
      "hits": []

My expectation is to get variations of the exact match (below) looking through all fields in our document.
  • Coors Brewing
  • Coors Brewery
  • Coors Brews
  • etc