data and non-data nodes

Szymon Gwóźdź
Hi!

I've launched 4 instances of ElasticSearch (on one cluster - LocalCluster). 2 instances (test-1 and test-2) have configuration:

http:
    enabled:    true

data:
    enabled:    false

And 2 other instances (test-3 and test-4) have configuration:

http:
    enabled:    false

data:
    enabled:    true

But when I'm putting data to test-1 (using curl) I see that size of work directory work/LocalCluster is growing on test-1 and test-4, but in not growing on test-2 and test-3. Why is that? test-3 and test-4 are data nodes, test-1 and test-2 are non-data noded, but data seems to be stored in some other way. What is the explanation of that?

Regards
Szymon Gwóźdź

Re: data and non-data nodes

The configuration to enable or disable a data node is:

node:
      data: false

(the above disables a node from holding data).

Try that and see if it works...

cheers,
shay.banon