elasticsearch dead but subsys locked

shriyansh jain
I have a cluster of 2 elasticsearch instance, when I restarted one of the nodes I am getting the error "elasticsearch dead but subsys locked" . What could be causing this.?
I am getting the same error for both the nodes.?

Thank you,
Shriyansh

Re: elasticsearch dead but subsys locked

error804
it means that there is a lock file exist in subsys folder

GO to :

cd /var/lock/subsys or where you kept subsys folder
delete elasticsearch file
rm elasticsearch
stop the elasticsearch
and start the elasticsearch