elasticsearch server

Abhishek Jajoria
My elasticsearch server detects other clusters  which are running in
the same network  similarly other server detects my cluster. How can I
configure the elasticsearch.yml so that no other server can detect my
cluster.

Re: elasticsearch server

kalyan.sweta
By Setting ur cluster name in elasticsearch.yml
Eg : cluster.name: clustername

cluster.

Re: elasticsearch server

Abhishek Jajoria
By disabling the multicast discovery can other network elasticserver can acess my indexes by specifying the port and adress in the client
client = new TransportClient().addTransportAddress(new InetSocketTransportAddress(192.168.5.212,9300));

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 7:02 PM, Shay Banon <[hidden email]> wrote:
Or, disalbe multicast and use unicast discovery.

On Wednesday, February 22, 2012 at 7:38 AM, sweta kalyan wrote:

By Setting ur cluster name in elasticsearch.yml
Eg : cluster.name: clustername

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 11:01 AM, jajoria abhishek <[hidden email]> wrote:
My elasticsearch server detects other clusters  which are running in
the same network  similarly other server detects my cluster. How can I
configure the elasticsearch.yml so that no other server can detect my
cluster.

Re: elasticsearch server

Mark Waddle
Have you considered configuring that at the OS network configuration level using iptables or something similar?

Re: elasticsearch server

Abhishek Jajoria

Sir,
I can't debarred other systems to connect to my network but I also do not want them to access my elasticserver cluster in any form by specifying the port and server.

client = new TransportClient().addTransportAddress(new InetSocketTransportAddress(IndexserverName.toString(),port));
It is very difficult to configure that on OS network.
Is it possible in any from in ES configure level?

Have you considered configuring that at the OS network configuration level using iptables or something similar?

Re: elasticsearch server

Darron Froese
If you're deploying your Elasticsearch cluster via Chef, it's pretty
simple to add each IP address to a data bag, then configure the
firewall on each node from the data bag.

I can post my recipe if anyone's interested.