how to create dashboard

vikas gopal
Hi Experts,

Since i am new to this technology , I need your assistance to start building dashboard in ELK. I have downloaded all the 3 tools (E,L,K) .
I want to create a dashboard from a syslog file . I don't know how I can get data into ELK and prepare dashboard out of it. Please suggest from where I can start.

Thanks
Vikas

Re: how to create dashboard

Magnus Bäck
On Tuesday, March 10, 2015 at 10:15 CET,
     vikas gopal <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Since i am new to this technology , I need your assistance to start
> building dashboard in ELK. I have downloaded all the 3 tools (E,L,K) .
> I want to create a dashboard from a syslog file . I don't know how I
> can get data into ELK and prepare dashboard out of it. Please suggest
> from where I can start.

Logstash's own getting started guide covers syslog.

http://logstash.net/docs/1.4.2/tutorials/getting-started-with-logstash

If you need further help I suggest you ask more specific questions.

--
Magnus Bäck                | Software Engineer, Development Tools
[hidden email] | Sony Mobile Communications