how to minimize the amount of data transfered between es nodes

how to minimize the amount of data transfered between es nodes

Andy Schworer
I have an interesting es cluster setup.  My data nodes are at remote sites from one another.  The links between them are slow and expensive.  Right now there is one index with a shard on each remote data node.

I'd like to minimize the amount of data traveling over the slow and expensive links between data nodes. Is there a way to minimize or eliminate the amount of data being sent between data nodes?  I realize I may be asking how to disable the central feature in es.

Re: how to minimize the amount of data transfered between es nodes

Michael Sick

I don't believe this is a recommended /supported setup and I'm surprised you aren't seeing lots of errors.

I'd first try three nodes in one data center and try remote search calls to that. If that does not work for your requirements then I would try two nodes in each data center and submitting the document to each one. in that scenario you might try something like Scrutineer to keep the document in sync.

I hope that helps.