how to shut down a node

Paul Loy
Couldn't find it in the docs. Do you just kill it or is there
something more graceful?

Ironically the Elastic Search website does not have search!?

Many thanks,

-K-

Re: how to shut down a node

Answers below:

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 6:19 PM, keteracel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Couldn't find it in the docs. Do you just kill it or is there
something more graceful?

Currently, kill the process or type Ctrl+C. If you just kill it, it will shutdown properly. I plan to add an API to shutdown a node, and to shutdown a cluster.

Ironically the Elastic Search website does not have search!?

Ahh, sarcasm, my favorite dish of the day. I do want to add google site search on it as a quick solution. But, of course, the next person would come and say why are you using google to search the site, couldn't you build it with elasticsearch... (which, of course, I can, but I need a dedicated server to act as a search server, and I prefer to spend my time making elasticsearch better).

Many thanks,

-K-

Paul Loy

Paul Loy