index binary files

benjelloun
hello,

I installed ElasticSearch, its work good i can index and search xml and json content using Dev HTTP Client.
I need your help to index binary files in elasticsearch then search for them by content.
I added mapper-attachements to elastic search but what i dont know is how to specify the folder of pdf or docx files to index it. something like base64 or i dont know.
Thanks for helping me.

Re: index binary files

Radu Gheorghe-2
Hello,

Normally, you would send indexing requests to the REST API with the stuff you want Elasticsearch to index:

If you want Elasticsearch to automatically fetch files from the file system for you, have a look at David's FileSystem River:
https://github.com/dadoonet/fsriver

Best regards,
Radu
Solr & Elasticsearch Support * http://sematext.com/

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 6:40 PM, anass benjelloun <[hidden email]> wrote:
hello,

I installed ElasticSearch, its work good i can index and search xml and json content using Dev HTTP Client.
I need your help to index binary files in elasticsearch then search for them by content.
I added mapper-attachements to elastic search but what i dont know is how to specify the folder of pdf or docx files to index it. something like base64 or i dont know.
Thanks for helping me.

Re: index binary files

benjelloun
Hello again,

thanks for your answer.
But my probleme is how to specify the folder which have many documents to index all of these document.
and i tested already indexing pdf file with giving base64 content and that didn't work.

Best regards,
Anass BENJELLOUN

Re: index binary files

dadoonet
Hard to tell without details of what you did so far and what did not work.

May be you could start describing all the steps from the beginning (provide versions for all component you are using as well)?

--
David Pilato | Technical Advocate | Elasticsearch.com