Quantcast

index.query.bool.max_clause_count Setting and TermsQueryParser

index.query.bool.max_clause_count Setting and TermsQueryParser

jrawlings
In issue #482 (https://github.com/elasticsearch/elasticsearch/issues/
482), Shay mentioned to set the property
'index.query.bool.max_clause_count' in order to raise the max clause
count for a lucene bool query. I've tried to set this property but it
doesn't seem to be persisted. Am I doing something wrong? Here's what
I'm doing: https://gist.github.com/1019762

When I do get around to setting this property, will it fix a Lucene
TooManyClauses error w/ the TermsQueryParser if I have over 1024
terms? I noticed that the setting is applied for the the
BoolQueryParser only from that issue (482).

Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
JR

Re: index.query.bool.max_clause_count Setting and TermsQueryParser

Stéphane Raux
You should provide the property in the following way :
 curl -XPUT "http://localhost:9200/_settings" -d '

>  {
>      "query" : {
>          "bool" : {
>             "max_clause_count": 2048
>            }
>       }
>     }
>  }
> '

Best,

Stéphane

2011/6/10 Joe Rawlings <[hidden email]>:

> In issue #482 (https://github.com/elasticsearch/elasticsearch/issues/
> 482), Shay mentioned to set the property
> 'index.query.bool.max_clause_count' in order to raise the max clause
> count for a lucene bool query. I've tried to set this property but it
> doesn't seem to be persisted. Am I doing something wrong? Here's what
> I'm doing: https://gist.github.com/1019762
>
> When I do get around to setting this property, will it fix a Lucene
> TooManyClauses error w/ the TermsQueryParser if I have over 1024
> terms? I noticed that the setting is applied for the the
> BoolQueryParser only from that issue (482).
>
> Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> JR

Re: index.query.bool.max_clause_count Setting and TermsQueryParser

jrawlings
That's essentially the same thing I was doing. Still, I tried it and
the property didn't show up when I retrieved the settings. :/

On Jun 11, 12:51 am, Stéphane Raux <[hidden email]> wrote:

> You should provide the property in the following way :
>  curl -XPUT "http://localhost:9200/_settings" -d '
>
> >  {
> >      "query" : {
> >          "bool" : {
> >             "max_clause_count": 2048
> >            }
> >       }
> >     }
> >  }
> > '
>
> Best,
>
> Stéphane
>
> 2011/6/10 Joe Rawlings <[hidden email]>:
>

> > In issue #482 (https://github.com/elasticsearch/elasticsearch/issues/
> > 482), Shay mentioned to set the property
> > 'index.query.bool.max_clause_count' in order to raise the max clause
> > count for a lucene bool query. I've tried to set this property but it
> > doesn't seem to be persisted. Am I doing something wrong? Here's what
> > I'm doing:https://gist.github.com/1019762
>
> > When I do get around to setting this property, will it fix a Lucene
> > TooManyClauses error w/ the TermsQueryParser if I have over 1024
> > terms? I noticed that the setting is applied for the the
> > BoolQueryParser only from that issue (482).
>
> > Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
>
> > Thanks,
> > JR

Re: index.query.bool.max_clause_count Setting and TermsQueryParser

dadoonet
I think that you should remove your index before sending settings.

Try this :
curl -XDELETE "http://localhost:9200/myindex" -d ' {}'

curl -XPUT "http://localhost:9200/myindex/_settings" -d '
     "query" : {
         "bool" : {
            "max_clause_count": 2048
'

Hope this helps.
David ;-)

>>> JR

JR

Re: index.query.bool.max_clause_count Setting and TermsQueryParser

jrawlings
Cool, so I started reindexing my data with the
"index.query.bool.max_clause_count" set to 8192 and retried the query
that was causing the issue before. The same 'maxClauseCount is set to
1024' error showed up again. I put a breakpoint in the BoolQueryParser
and reran the query but nothing was hit. Any thoughts?

On Jun 10, 2:03 pm, Joe Rawlings <[hidden email]> wrote:
> When I do get around to setting this property, will it fix a Lucene
> TooManyClauses error w/ the TermsQueryParser if I have over 1024
> terms? I noticed that the setting is applied for the the
> BoolQueryParser only from that issue (482).

BoolQueryParser only from that issue (482).

Re: index.query.bool.max_clause_count Setting and TermsQueryParser

jrawlings
Perfect, thank you

On Jun 13, 10:12 am, Shay Banon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> You don't need to reindex your data for that... . You could have closed and reopened your index for example. Or just set it in the elasticsearch.yml file. This setting is tricky, since its a static one (Lucene wise). So, I suggest setting it in the elasticsearch.yml file so it will always apply.
>

> On Monday, June 13, 2011 at 7:37 PM, Joe Rawlings wrote:
> > Cool, so I started reindexing my data with the
> > "index.query.bool.max_clause_count" set to 8192 and retried the query
> > that was causing the issue before. The same 'maxClauseCount is set to
> > 1024' error showed up again. I put a breakpoint in the BoolQueryParser
> > and reran the query but nothing was hit. Any thoughts?
>
> > On Jun 10, 2:03 pm, Joe Rawlings <[hidden email] (http://gmail.com)> wrote:
> > > When I do get around to setting this property, will it fix a Lucene
> > > TooManyClauses error w/ the TermsQueryParser if I have over 1024
> > > terms? I noticed that the setting is applied for the the
> > > BoolQueryParser only from that issue (482).

Re: index.query.bool.max_clause_count Setting and TermsQueryParser

pranmitt
Did you face any performance impact when you tried to query it for more than 1k terms ?