installing multiple, unrelated ES servers

installing multiple, unrelated ES servers

Allan Johns
How should I set up separate elasticsearch servers that have their own configs, without having to copy the entire elasticsearch install?

I would like to run the binary from one ES install but say "read all config info from cwd." I can get partway there by using the cmdlin -Des.config option, but that only partially works. If I make a copy of the config subdirectory, that gets more of the way there, but I find that mappings under config/mappings/_default are ignored.

Re: installing multiple, unrelated ES servers

Israel Tsadok
I don't have mappings config files, so I can't comment on that, but what we do is run elasticsearch in the directory that has the config files, with the command:

/path/to/elasticsearch -Des.path.conf=./

Then in elasticsearch.yml (located in the same working directory) I set path.{data,work,logs} to subfolders within the current directory.