Quantcast

logging.yml configuration for emailing errors.

logging.yml configuration for emailing errors.

rene z
Hi,
I would like to receive an email when my cluster logs an error.
How do I configure the logging.yml?

Bye,
René

Re: logging.yml configuration for emailing errors.

rene z
Weel, I tried but could not figure out exactly how to configure a SMTPAppender.
My thoughts are not everything is implemented in ES to support the SMTPAppender,

Maybe someone can help me out?

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 8:38 PM, rene z <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="d-SRaMN9h-gJ">codin...@...> wrote:
Hi,
I would like to receive an email when my cluster logs an error.
How do I configure the logging.yml?

Bye,
René

Re: logging.yml configuration for emailing errors.

hazzadous
I haven't set up SMTP logs but have set up sentry loggers with success (which in turn does email alerts etc.)  Something like:

rootLogger: INFO, console, file, sentry

appender
:
  sentry
:
    type
: net.kencochrane.sentry.SentryAppender
    sentry_dsn
: "<sentry_dsn>"
    threshold
: ERROR

Of course, you may not be interested in using sentry, but don't see why SMTPAppender wouldn't work equally as well.

On Friday, 15 February 2013 06:30:59 UTC, rene z wrote:
Weel, I tried but could not figure out exactly how to configure a SMTPAppender.
My thoughts are not everything is implemented in ES to support the SMTPAppender,

Maybe someone can help me out?

Op vrijdag 15 februari 2013 06:07:49 UTC+1 schreef Ivan Brusic het volgende:
You would need to setup a log4j SMTPAppender. You can find numerous examples on line.

--
Ivan

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 8:38 PM, rene z <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
I would like to receive an email when my cluster logs an error.
How do I configure the logging.yml?

Bye,
René

Re: logging.yml configuration for emailing errors.

rene z
This is how I setup the configuration, but still no succes:
rootLogger: ..., email

appender
:
  email
:
    type
: smtp
    smtpHost: smtp.example.net
    from: [hidden email]
    to: [hidden email]
    subject: Error example.net
    layout:
      type: pattern
      conversionPattern: .....

I tried different combinations like "host:" instead of "smtpHost", and "type: org.apache.log4j.net.SMTPAppender"  instead of "type: smtp".

Who can help me with a working configuration?

TIA,
René