/_plugin/ end point seems to be broken

q42jaap
I ran

$ curl -XGET 'http://localhost:9200/_plugin/?pretty'

I'm debugging a plugin I'm creating, all goes well, it is recognized (I see it in the start-up logs). But of course I didn't see it at first, so I thought to check using the API to see if the plugin is present. But it doesn't work! Or am I doing something wrong?

Jaap

Re: /_plugin/ end point seems to be broken

dadoonet
Why do you think it's broken?

What kind of plugin are you building? (Site? Java? Both?)

--
David Pilato | Technical Advocate | Elasticsearch.com

Le 29 mars 2013 à 14:03, Jaap Taal <[hidden email]> a écrit :

I ran

I'm debugging a plugin I'm creating, all goes well, it is recognized (I see it in the start-up logs). But of course I didn't see it at first, so I thought to check using the API to see if the plugin is present. But it doesn't work! Or am I doing something wrong?

Jaap

Re: /_plugin/ end point seems to be broken

q42jaap
I'm building a java plugin, just to get the hang of it (maybe we'll be building a plugin later, we'll need to see).

A list of the currently installed plugins can be retrieved from the /_plugin/
end point:

curl -XGET 'http://localhost:9200/_plugin/?pretty'
And that doesn't work. I looked in the code (HttpServer) and there's a TODO there!

Jaap Taal

[ Q42 BV | tel 070 44523 42 | direct 070 44523 65 | http://q42.nl | Waldorpstraat 17F, Den Haag | Vijzelstraat 72 unit 4.23, Amsterdam | KvK 30164662 ]

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 3:10 PM, David Pilato <[hidden email]> wrote:
Why do you think it's broken?

What kind of plugin are you building? (Site? Java? Both?)

--
David Pilato | Technical Advocate | Elasticsearch.com

Le 29 mars 2013 à 14:03, Jaap Taal <[hidden email]> a écrit :

I ran

I'm debugging a plugin I'm creating, all goes well, it is recognized (I see it in the start-up logs). But of course I didn't see it at first, so I thought to check using the API to see if the plugin is present. But it doesn't work! Or am I doing something wrong?

Jaap

Re: /_plugin/ end point seems to be broken

dadoonet
Thanks for pointing that.
In fact, we first did it as stated in docs but then rollback the change without rollbacking the doc!

We will fix the doc.

David ;-)