puppet directory options

Andrej
Hi,

I once again stumpled over a little problem with the puppet script. I am trying to install elasticsearch using puppet module 0.9.3. First, I am creating a data directory like this:

  file { "/data/elasticsearch":
    ensure  => "directory",
    owner   => "elasticsearch",
    group   => "elasticsearch",
    require => [Class ['common'], Class ['elasticsearch::package']]
  }

Class common is taking care of mounting and formatting the drive, elasticsearch package is needed for owner and group, right?

Then I am setting up elasticsearch, I am configuring the datadir in the class, not in the instance. Using

      datadir => '/data/elasticsearch/data'

a directory /data/elasticsearch/data/es-01 is created when setting up the instance. Interesting here is that directory /data/elasticsearch/data belongs to the group elasticsearch, but /data/elasticsearch/data/es-01 to the group root. Why ist that so?

Another thing I tried is to use the hash writeup to configure directories :
    config {
        path => {
          data => '/data/elasticsearch/data',
          work => '/data/elasticsearch/work',
          logs => '/var/log/elasticsearch'

It seems to be a valid way of configuration for me, problem here is that directories for data and work are not created. I can create datadir using the line of code provided first, but what about work directory? Will it be created when needed only? Is this way of configuration supposed to work at all?

Would really appreciate some help on these questions!

Thanks in advance,
Andrej