query_string, mutli field and the "analyzer" parameter

query_string, mutli field and the "analyzer" parameter

William King
Hi all,

I'm just making sure my thinking around this is correct. When you use the "query_string" query WITHOUT the "analyzer" parameter set while running it against multiple fields does each query against each of the fields use that fields default search analyzer? Or do they all use one search analyzer set somehow? Does this change when using dis_max vs bool?

Thanks in advance

Re: query_string, mutli field and the "analyzer" parameter

It will use each field default search analyzer. It applies to both dis_max and bool.

On Feb 28, 2013, at 10:53 AM, William King <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,

I'm just making sure my thinking around this is correct. When you use the "query_string" query WITHOUT the "analyzer" parameter set while running it against multiple fields does each query against each of the fields use that fields default search analyzer? Or do they all use one search analyzer set somehow? Does this change when using dis_max vs bool?

Thanks in advance

Re: query_string, mutli field and the "analyzer" parameter

Johnny Mariéthoz
Hello,

if it is the case why I got differents results by querying:
- toto
- myterm:toto

See my example here:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/elasticsearch/wahlrLlxVwQ/ulir17TfmAYJ