question about spring-elasticsearch

yahia
Hi all

i use spring-elasticsearch, I want to know the documents indexed by this factory where they are stored ??

Re: question about spring-elasticsearch

dadoonet
It depends:
- do you use the factory to connect to a node (TransportClient or Client from a Client Node)? If so, documents are in your node.
- do you use the factory to start an embedded node? If so, documents are stored on your local node (look for a data dir) from where you start your java code.

--
David Pilato | Technical Advocate | Elasticsearch.com

Le 18 mars 2013 à 16:30, Ammar Yahia <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Hi all

i use spring-elasticsearch, I want to know the documents indexed by this factory where they are stored ??

Re: question about spring-elasticsearch

yahia
I use a separate elasticsearch instance (we'll call inst1), which is empty (I delete the data folder), and in my web application I am using the factory spring-elasticsearch, i use this declaration in

application context <elasticsearch:node id="esNode" />
                     <elasticsearch:client node="esNode" id="esClient" />

 elasticsearch instance in inst1 is up, when I start my application I notice that there are indexes that are added in my inst1, so they are sent by the instance elasticsearch who is started by the factory spring-elasticsearch; and in my web-application i don't find data folder that should contains the different informations sent to inst1.

Re: question about spring-elasticsearch

yahia
so different information is stored in the node launched by the factory spring-elasticsearch ?? how can I delete these different data?

Re: question about spring-elasticsearch

dadoonet
So you are using a Node which is client only?
By default, Nodes are regular ones (means that they hold data).

You can log the path using debug level:

If you don't find files data, that probably means that you have somewhere an es.properties file or an elasticsearch.yml file in your classpath.

That said, are you sure that you want to hold data in your web app and not only on ES nodes (inst1)?

--

Le 18 mars 2013 à 17:25, Ammar Yahia <[hidden email]> a écrit :

I use a separate elasticsearch instance (we'll call inst1), which is empty (I delete the data folder), and in my web application I am using the factory spring-elasticsearch, i use this declaration in

application context <elasticsearch:node id="esNode" />
                     <elasticsearch:client node="esNode" id="esClient" />

 elasticsearch instance in inst1 is up, when I start my application I notice that there are indexes that are added in my inst1, so they are sent by the instance elasticsearch who is started by the factory spring-elasticsearch; and in my web-application i don't find data folder that should contains the different informations sent to inst1.

Re: question about spring-elasticsearch

dadoonet
I can't see your concern.

What do you want to achieve here?

Hold data in inst1 only?
Hold data in inst1 AND webapp?

--

Le 18 mars 2013 à 17:35, Ammar Yahia <[hidden email]> a écrit :

so different information is stored in the node launched by the factory spring-elasticsearch ?? how can I delete these different data?

Re: question about spring-elasticsearch

yahia
I want to delete all the data that exists in elasticsearch, I delete the data folder in inst1, but when I run my web application data that have been deleted will be loaded back into my ins1

Re: question about spring-elasticsearch

yahia
I do not declare a file as es.properties, I just edit the application-context by <elasticsearch:node id="esNode" />
                                                                                                      <elasticsearch:client node="esNode" id="esClient" />

   and inin my java code I declare the client as follows @Autowired
                                                                       private Client esClient;

Re: question about spring-elasticsearch

yahia
esClient.prepareSearch().....

Re: question about spring-elasticsearch

dadoonet
You want to clean your cluster each time you restart or only once?

curl -XDELETE http://localhost:9200 will clean everything on your cluster.

--

Le 18 mars 2013 à 18:06, Ammar Yahia <[hidden email]> a écrit :

I do not declare a file as es.properties, I just edit the application-context by <elasticsearch:node id="esNode" />
                                                                                                      <elasticsearch:client node="esNode" id="esClient" />

   and inin my java code I declare the client as follows @Autowired
                                                                       private Client esClient;

Re: question about spring-elasticsearch

yahia
thx david, this is what I want , deleting all data from my web-application and inst1,