recreating all data by API in background?

recreating all data by API in background?

palmic
I am switching from lucene which was primary fulltext provider for my project
and i cant find sollution for my issue:
I need to be able to recreate all (or some part of) elasticsearch data in
background while previous revision still will be online.
I was doing this in lucene which was filebacked trough symlinks which was
very effective.

Does anybody knows some formula how to do this in elasticsearch?
Thank you.

Re: recreating all data by API in background?

Ivan Brusic
Index aliases is probably what you are looking for:
http://www.elasticsearch.org/guide/reference/api/admin-indices-aliases.html

Create a new index with a unique name while the searchers use the old
index via an alias. When the new index is complete, point the alias to
the new index. You can then delete the old index if you want.

--
Ivan