statistical facet for every document separately in one query

statistical facet for every document separately in one query

waldemar

Hi to All,

Is it possible to get statistical facet for every document separately in one query?

For example, if I get 10 results (10 documents) then I also want to have calculated statistical facet for every document separately and returned all together (in one query).

And if so, please provide me an example.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks you all,

Waldemar

Re: statistical facet for every document separately in one query

q42jaap
Hi Waldemar,

If I understand correctly, a statistical facet will show count, total, sum of squares, mean (average), minimum, maximum, variance, and standard deviation.
For a single document these numbers will be very predictable, the count will be 1, the total, average, minimum, maximum will be just the value for the field. Variance and standard deviation will mean nothing for just 1 number.

Why would you want this info? Do you have examples of a couple of documents so we can understand your use case?

Jaap Taal

[ Q42 BV | tel 070 44523 42 | direct 070 44523 65 | http://q42.nl | Waldorpstraat 17F, Den Haag | Vijzelstraat 72 unit 4.23, Amsterdam | KvK 30164662 ]

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 11:02 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi to All,

Is it possible to get statistical facet for every document separately in one query?

For example, if I get 10 results (10 documents) then I also want to have calculated statistical facet for every document separately and returned all together (in one query).

And if so, please provide me an example.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks you all,

Waldemar

Re: statistical facet for every document separately in one query

waldemar
Hi Jaap,

I need a Min and Max from a one specific field. To be exact Its a price field.
If there is a different method for getting that kind of information, then please inform me of it.

Thanks,
W.

Re: statistical facet for every document separately in one query

waldemar
And also I have to mention that the price field is an array that contains multiple prices for different conditions.
So I want a min and max from all of conditions for a single document.

Thanks,
W.

Re: statistical facet for every document separately in one query

q42jaap
I don't think the statistical facet is meant to do what you want. I doubt it will work correctly for repeated fields.
I also don't think you can let ElasticSearch do this type of processing on the nodes. Especially because you want to restrict whatever is in the nested section.

What is specified in nested section can only be used to determine if the whole document should match or not. If you get the _source back, you can post-process the prices to reflect the same restrictions as in the nested query.

Good luck!

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 3:37 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
And also I have to mention that the price field is an array that contains multiple prices for different conditions.
So I want a min and max from all of conditions for a single document.

Thanks,
W.

Re: statistical facet for every document separately in one query

waldemar
I'm sorry Jaap, but you are not too helpful.
Please be more constructive, and please reply with examples.

Re: statistical facet for every document separately in one query

dadoonet
And why do you think you need Elasticsearch to find the min or the max in something like [ 1, 2, 3, 10 ]?
I mean that you can handle that on your side (client side) for each doc.

What Elasticsearch can offer you is to compute that values across millions of document. For single doc, I suggest to do it on your side.

Does it help?

--
David Pilato | Technical Advocate | Elasticsearch.com

Le 26 mars 2013 à 15:37, [hidden email] a écrit :

And also I have to mention that the price field is an array that contains multiple prices for different conditions.
So I want a min and max from all of conditions for a single document.

Thanks,
W.

Re: statistical facet for every document separately in one query

waldemar
Hi David,

Why? Maybe because I have in that array several thousands, or even tens of thousands prices, and I don't want to ElasticSearch return all that data, especially when I need only min and max.
So it's obvious why I don't want to do it on the client side.
Does that make sense
?

Besides,
why you are asking this questions that do not relate at all to my problem?

Best,
Waldemar