using java api to get index types

my3sons
I have been beating my head against the wall trying to find a way to get just the "types" that are associated to a given index. Ultimately, I am trying to retrieve the mappings for a given index/type combination. I know how to get the mappings from the IndexMetaData object, but it requires that I know the types. What I am doing is building an UI to allow users to view the mappings for a chosen index and type. However, I cannot find a way to just fetch the types for a given index using the java API. From a UI perspective, I am trying to do the following:

1. Present list of indices defined in my ES cluster (done)
2. Based on selection from #1, present list of "type(s)" associated to that index (???)
3. Present mappings for that index/type combination (done, once I solve #2)

Thanks!

Re: using java api to get index types

imdhmd
// `client` is an object of `org.elasticsearch.client.Client`
ClusterStateResponse clusterStateResponse = client.admin().cluster().prepareState().execute().actionGet();
ImmutableMap<String,MappingMetaData> indexMappings = clusterStateResponse.state().getMetaData().index(indexName).getMappings();
// The keys in `indexMappings` correspond to type names