very slow performance with version upgradation in Elasticsearch

very slow performance with version upgradation in Elasticsearch

narinder.izap
Hi All,

 we have recently upgraded our production server from version 1.1.0 to 1.4.3. We actually imported the data from old cluster to new cluster with minor data and mapping removals. But as compared to previous version, the performance has been decreased. Many requests returning the time out in response. The application has broken, as we are using it as a source of data reads.

Our cluster is having 3 nodes of configurations of 8 core, 60GB RAM. Is there any default settings changes that can cause such side effects. I am facing issues like,
search requests are very slow
data retrieval after saving is not instant.

Please let me know the area to work on. All help or guidance will be appreciated.