[website] Can we make the body text more contrast? Especially for guide.

[website] Can we make the body text more contrast? Especially for guide.

Lukáš Vlček
Hi,

would it be possible to make font color of the body text more contrast?

Currently, the main.css has a section for body {} which sets color:#858c89; which translates to hsl(154, 3%, 54%); Do not know how this looks on more expensive monitors but on cheap monitors this make for quite light color (it is more then 50% light according to hsl model). Something like hsl(154, 3%, 34%) could be much more readable.

Regards,
Lukas

Re: [website] Can we make the body text more contrast? Especially for guide.

simonw-2
lukas,

thanks for the feedback we gonna discuss that!

simon

On Monday, May 20, 2013 10:12:21 AM UTC+2, Lukáš Vlček wrote:
Hi,

would it be possible to make font color of the body text more contrast?

Currently, the main.css has a section for body {} which sets color:#858c89; which translates to hsl(154, 3%, 54%); Do not know how this looks on more expensive monitors but on cheap monitors this make for quite light color (it is more then 50% light according to hsl model). Something like hsl(154, 3%, 34%) could be much more readable.

Regards,
Lukas

Re: [website] Can we make the body text more contrast? Especially for guide.

Lukáš Vlček
Thanks Simon,

let me know if there is a better (more efficient) way how to report or open issues regarding the .org site.

Lukas

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 1:22 PM, simonw <[hidden email]> wrote:
lukas,

thanks for the feedback we gonna discuss that!

simon

On Monday, May 20, 2013 10:12:21 AM UTC+2, Lukáš Vlček wrote:
Hi,

would it be possible to make font color of the body text more contrast?

Currently, the main.css has a section for body {} which sets color:#858c89; which translates to hsl(154, 3%, 54%); Do not know how this looks on more expensive monitors but on cheap monitors this make for quite light color (it is more then 50% light according to hsl model). Something like hsl(154, 3%, 34%) could be much more readable.

Regards,
Lukas

Re: [website] Can we make the body text more contrast? Especially for guide.

Lukáš Vlček
Hi Simon,

I think it is looking better now. Thanks!

Just if I may... I noticed the darker colour is not applied on all parts of the guide. For example have a look at hunspell filter doc http://www.elasticsearch.org/guide/reference/index-modules/analysis/hunspell-tokenfilter/

Note how <ul> elements are not inheriting the #555 color.

Regards,
Lukas

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 1:22 PM, simonw <simon.w...@elasticsearch.com> wrote:
lukas,

thanks for the feedback we gonna discuss that!

simon

On Monday, May 20, 2013 10:12:21 AM UTC+2, Lukáš Vlček wrote:
Hi,

would it be possible to make font color of the body text more contrast?

Currently, the main.css has a section for body {} which sets color:#858c89; which translates to hsl(154, 3%, 54%); Do not know how this looks on more expensive monitors but on cheap monitors this make for quite light color (it is more then 50% light according to hsl model). Something like hsl(154, 3%, 34%) could be much more readable.

Regards,
Lukas

Re: [website] Can we make the body text more contrast? Especially for guide.

Lukáš Vlček
Hey,

Thanks for changing the colour in lists.

Shall the colour in tables be changed as well? :-)
For example most of the content on this page http://www.elasticsearch.org/guide/reference/index-modules/ still uses the lighter colour.

Also note that from the pure aesthetics POW (or better readability) there might be some margin between <td> elements in the table row. See how on the second table row the 'Settings' text (index.term_index_interval) joins the 'Description' text in the second column.

Regards,
Lukas

[yea... I won't stop bugging as long as there is a chance for improvement :-)]