xfs filesystem

vpunski
Does anyone have experience using ElasticSearch on xfs file system?
Any known pros and cons, tuning parameters for both ES and xfs?

Re: xfs filesystem

Otis Gospodnetic
Hi Vadim,

I have not tried ES with XFS, but I suspect it makes little difference because search is one of those things where if you have to hit the disk too often, it will suffer too much and you'll be forced to improve something... or just buy SSD.

But if you run ext4 vs. xfs vs.... comparisons with ES, please share!

Otis
--
Sematext is Hiring World-Wide -- http://sematext.com/about/jobs.html

On Wednesday, February 22, 2012 4:52:06 PM UTC+8, vadim wrote:
Does anyone have experience using ElasticSearch on xfs file system?
Any known pros and cons, tuning parameters for both ES and xfs?

Thanks